Things I like about gardening (you know… after one go at it…)
- Being outside with my boys
- The satisfaction of a giant pile of weeds after just a few minutes of work.
- Gardening gloves make me feel somewhat invincible. Pokey weeds, tough & woody weeds… even snails and worms… no problemo.
- The warm setting sun on my back.
- My sweet Jaden spotted our neighbor out to check his mail and ran over there, with a “wishing” dandelion in hand. They had a short conversation and when he returned he said, “I love giving.” And I love that boy.
- Dry leaves cleared out= stuff for my new hubby-made compost bin.
- They say it burns calories. Which sounds cool… especially if I actually kept track of that kind of thing. Bet I burned off a whole stick of gum.
- There’s a lot of potential there! That garden bed could hold tomatoes (which is what I’m told it held last) or roses or cosmos or… anything! (okay… not anything exactly… but lots of cool stuff)
- If I miss a weed, no worries. It’ll grow back and I can tackle it all over again. There aren’t many problems you can say that about. At least not with so little harm done when it does come back.
- The boys love to collect the snails we find. I get rid of pests, they get new pets. Win-win.